Symphytum is a personal database software for everyone who desires to manage and organize data in an easy and intuitive way, without having to study complex database languages and software user interfaces.
In fact collecting data is part of our lives, however, organizing information is not always easy, especially without the right tools. While big companies use notable database management systems with advanced functionality and tailored procedures, many people are still using spreadsheets as a database replacement for personal use, because of its simplicity.
Symphytum comes to help as a general-purpose solution.
Design input forms. Move and resize fields thanks to the dynamic layout engine. Use text, numbers, images, files and other control fields. Put your data into the cloud to enjoy hassle-free automatic synchronization on all your computers.
Take the easy way. Manage your data, from contacts, customers, plants, books to club memberships, with Symphytum.
Install Symphytum easily on your system by downloading the appropriate file from the following list
- Windows (Vista, 7, 8, 10) Installer
- OS X (10.7+) DMG File
- Ubuntu 64-bit (16.04+ x86_64) DEB Package
- Ubuntu 32-bit (16.04+ i386) DEB Package
- Archlinux AUR Package
- Source code tarball
- View all available releases (including old versions)
- Fields are not just text. Design your input forms with support for different data types: text, numeric, date, progress, image, file list, checkbox, combobox, etc.
- Two Views On The Same Data. Use the form view for structured data input and representation, use the table-like view for searching, sorting and comparing.
- Integrated Cloud Sync. Using Symphytum across multiple computers is a joy. Your data is always automatically synchronized everywhere. Drivers for cloud services such as Dropbox are included.
- Sync Conflict Management. Symphytum manages synchronization conflicts for you. While only one session with write access is allowed at the same time, other computers may access the database in read-only mode during an open session.
- Date Reminder. Date fields keep you informed on tasks, appointments or birthdays, if requested. All Reminders, once triggered, are listed in one place.
Symphytum hides the complexity of a database engine behind an easy and intuitive user interface. The underlying database is provided by the SQLite database management system, which is the leading embedded database solution, used in many mobile apps and modern computer programs, like web browsers, media players and email clients.
SQLite is tiny, efficient and very fast. It can handle huge amount of data while being highly resistant to data corruption.
- Create a new collection.
- Collections group your structured data together.
- Before you begin to enter data, you need to define at least one input field.
- Input fields have a data type (text, numeric, image...) and delineate how data is presented and inserted.
- You can add an unlimited amount of fields.
- The structure of a collection can be modified at any time.
- Once the data structure is defined, you can start to add as many records as you wish.
- Records are data entries of your collection, they can be modified, deleted and duplicated.
Symphytum became open source software after the original founder company, GIOWISYS Software UG, announced its liquidation. The software is now licensed under the BSD license. Contributions are welcome.
Copyright (c) 2014 Symphytum Developers